Monday, February 27, 2012

Tagged!

I've been tagged by Rachel at Unforgettable Books. She choose some great questions! Here are the rules...

  1. Answer the questions that the tagger set for in their post.
  2. Create 11 questions for the people you tag to answer.
  3. Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
  4. Let them know you tagged them.
  5. Include these rules and the person who tagged you in your post.
Here are Rachel's questions and my answers...

Q1: What is a book you thought you wouldn't like, but did?
A: I did not think I would really like Twilight. When the first movie came out I heard people talking about it and had no idea what it was. A few months later I decided to check it out to see what the hype was. I had never really read anything with vampires before so I didn't think I would like it. I've now read all the books twice.

Q2: Do you prefer first, second, or third person?
A: I tend to read mostly first or third person books. I like to mix them up to get a variety. I don't think I have really read anything in second person point of view.

Q3: Where do you prefer to receive the books you buy?
A: I get most of my books from Barnes and Noble since I own a Nook and get member discounts. I love ordering books and having them waiting at home for me when I return from a trip. I also really enjoy visiting any small bookstore I see. I tend to always buy something just to support them.

Q4: If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
A: I would like the ability to be able to close my eyes and end up in another place. When it comes to traveling for work, I hate layovers when flying especially when I just want to go home. Blinking and being somethwere else would just be so much faster and save time.

Q5: What book or book series caused you to enjoy reading?
A: I have always enjoyed reading for as long as I can remember. I don't know what book caused me to like it so much though. In first grade I was really into the Ramona Quimby books. And before that I remember my dad reading me Pat the Bunny every night.

Q6: What books are you looking forward to the most this year?
A: I don't know of many new releases coming out this year. However I have a full shelf of TBR books that I would like to tackle and I'm looking forward to reading those. (I'm out of town right now so I don't remember some of the titles to share with you).

Q7: What is your fondest book memory?
A: During summer breaks in elementary school I would spend some days at my granny's house. Each week she would take us to the library and I would always walk out with an armful of books. Then go back to the AC and quietness of her house, curl up in a chair and read for hours. Sometimes I wish I could go back to those summer days just to have endless hours to read.

Q8: Who is your favorite male character?
A: Gregory David Roberts, author and main character of Shantaram, was a great male character. I'd love to follow him around India and meet the people

Q9: What do you think of love triangles?
A: I don't read many books with love triangles, but when I do they are alright. They add some drama that always makes it interesting, buuuut sometimes I think they can be a bit juvenile and get on my nerves.

Q10: What secondary character in a book do you wish was the main character?
A: I would have liked to see Henry's point of view in The Secret History by Donna Tartt. I loved the book told in Richard's POV since he was the new one to their group, but Henry had such an interesting mind. I would have liked to see in it.

Q11: Name the book that always makes you smile.
A: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I LOVE this book!!!


Blogs I Tagged
SeeitORreadit
Book Prowl
For the Love of Reading
World of Books
TToria
The Nocturnal Library
**LC's Adventures in Libraryland**
The Little Blue Pig
Radiant Shadows
Steph's Book Corner
Imaginative Advendture

My Questions:
1. Do you prefer to read one or multiple books at a time?
2. Where do you keep all of your unread books- all together or scattered throughout your shelves?
3. Is there a book you wish you could unread, either because you disliked it so much or to read it again for the first time?
4. Do your book selections vary by season?
5. Who would you rather borrow a book from, a friend or the library?
6. Do movies based on books make you want to read the original book?
7. You just dropped your favorite, out of print book in the bathtub ruining it completely. What would you do?
8. What are you reading right now? What made you choose it? Are you enjoying it and would you recommend it?
9. Do you read the inside flaps that describe a book before or while reading it?
10. What are the best and the worst books you have read recently?
11. Do you prefer the beginnings or stories or the ends?

You can leave your link in my comments. Anyone not tagged, please feel free to answer the questions or just leave a comment in my comments! I'm very excited to see your answers!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly! I loved all your answers. You also came up with great questions, especially question 7!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me about I got tag last week, so I will have to pass but I'll answer some question real quick. ;)
    - Do you prefer to read one or multiple books at a time? Multiple, always have!
    - Who would you rather borrow a book from, a friend or the library? Library, they chrage you if you don't return it, and what if it's great book. ;D
    - You just dropped your favorite, out of print book in the bathtub ruining it completely. What would you do? Cry... oh yeah...
    - What are you reading right now? What made you choose it? Are you enjoying it and would you recommend it? I'm reading Eve Langlais' C791, a sci-fi romance with unfeeling cyborg who falls in love with a human girl, and having never felt before, befuddles him( it's erotic romance - so oh boy! ). I love Langlais' writing she's superb! Recommending it highly, it's on sale now! ( excerpt = http://www.evelanglais.com/excerpt/C791.htm )
    - Do you prefer the beginnings or stories or the ends? I love the beginnings! :D

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I didn't see that you were already tagged. But thanks for answering some of the questions!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kelly, sorry i've only just seen the tag! Will get working on answers and reposting tonight. Thanks! Great questions :-)

    TT @ ttoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I appreciate all comments and will try to reply as soon as possible.