Friday, July 6, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday #23


Q: Jumping Genres - Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don't like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

A: I have been doing this more and more as I try to branch out with my reading. I used to only read historical fiction and sometimes contemporary. Then I picked up The Hunger Games series and fell in love. I had no idea what to expect from The Hunger Games except that someone told me they were really good books. Now I see myself going for more dystopian and paranormal books. I am also now reading the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy which is something I would not normally go for. I'm not really into romance novels. I am enjoying Fifty Shades and could possibly see myself reading a romance every now and then.

What genre did you unexpectedly fall in love with? Leave me a comment and let me know!

6 comments:

  1. I loved the Hunger Games, not read the Fifty Shades yet and am unsure whether or not to!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same experience with HG and 50 shades. Both were not genres that I usually read, but ended up liking the books anyway. Now I'm loving dystopians and paranormal! My F&F
    -Melissa @HarleyBearBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Seeing lots of The Hunger Games, that sadly was one that never piqued my interest enough. My older sis did read that one though. And the Fifty Shades of Grey books! I found both of that odd since I always knew her to read contemporary before. But like many many people, her reading tastes have changed!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hunger Games was on my list too.

    New follower!

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hunger Games is great! Don't plan to read Fifty Shades because I kind of have a policy against re-published fanfiction.

    My follow friday. Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. 50 Shades would definitely be out of the box for me, but I'm so curious that I really want to read it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I appreciate all comments and will try to reply as soon as possible.