Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Easy" by Tammara Webber

Easy
by Tammara Webber
548 pages


Short Version: 


Why I Read It: I found this book on the Nook Daily Find. The summary sounded interesting so I decided to read it on my loooong plane ride.


The Book: (From Goodreads)
When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex’s frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she’s still the same intelligent girl she’s always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There’s just one problem—their only interactions are through email.

Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees—hoping for more.

Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they’ve hooked up. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.



My Thoughts: This was a great read on my 5 hour plane ride. From the summary, I assumed the book would start out when Jacqueline and her boyfriend were getting ready to go to college. It actually began after their breakup and even though I wasn't expecting this it was a good place for the book to begin. 
I liked Jacqueline right away. I felt like I could easily relate to her. She knew when to set boundaries and how to stick with them. This is something every girl should learn and be confident about. Jacqueline gets into some situations that unfortunately happen in real life, not just in books. Her responses to these situations are great examples of what you should do if it were to happen to you. (I know I am being vague about this, but I don't want to spoil the book). 
When Jacqueline meets Lucas he is the total opposite of a guy she would normally go for. But she thinks maybe this time she should go for it anyways. Lucas has hidden secrets about his past, but they have shaped who is. I really liked Lucas and totally have a crush on him! Lucas is the character that shows there is more than meets the eye. 
Then there is Landon- the tutor Jacqueline only interacts with through email. He is more of her type; intelligent, funny, and a good guy. But they have only interacted through email. Jacqueline begins to have a crush on him too, until she finds out his secret.
I know this review is a bit vague and all over the place, but I do not want to give anything away. It was a great book that brought me back to my college days. It also brings up some serious situations that can happen in real life, and does a great job at showing the right thing to do. 


4/5 Stars


#10 in the 2012 Ebook Challenge
Click here to see the full list

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read this book! I've heard so many good things about it not to mention the cover is beautiful. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I did forget to mention the cover - I LOVE it! If you have a Nook or the B&N Nook app I can lend you the book if you would like to read it.

      Delete

I love hearing from you! I appreciate all comments and will try to reply as soon as possible.