I've been tagged with the Liebster Blog Award, twice, thanks to Helene at Helene's World of Books and Sophie at Dog Eared and Coffee Stained. The Liebster Award if for bloggers with less than 200 followers. Award winners share 11 facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who tagged them, come up with 11 of their own questions and tag 11 more bloggers with the award (that is a lot of 11's!) So here we go...
11 Facts about me
1. When I grow up I want to be a photographer, chef, librarian, florist, dolphin trainer, food critic, travel agent, wedding planner, independent book store owner and more
2. I prefer to read on my Nook or tablet, but an occasional hard or paperback is nice
3. I love the feeling of finishing an amazing book and thinking you will never find another one as good...until you find the next one
4. My favorite place in the world is Hawaii and I am trying to move there
5. I have 4 tattoos (1 is a very large one on my back) and I want more but don't know if I will ever get them
6. I don't like to reread books. I'm afraid I won't like them as much as the first time
7. Being outside makes me happy. Reading outside makes me happier
8. I would like to visit every country in the world. I realize this is a hefty goal but I think it can be done
9. I am adventurous when it comes to eating- I love trying new foods and recipes
10. Reading has always been a love of mine but I have really gotten back into it the past couple years
11. I want to learn to drive a motorcycle- this will happen one day
Questions from Helene
1. How important is the cover for you?
Covers are not the most important thing to me when it comes to choosing a book. I appreciate covers, especially very pretty ones, but I do not always make my book choices based on them.
2. Where do you read your books?
Everywhere! I travel for a living so I am always reading somewhere new. My favorite place is to be on the beach or outside with nice scenery. Most evenings I read in bed before going to sleep. Or in a restaurant if I go to dinner alone. I will read anywhere I can!
3. When you're reading a book you are going to review, do you take notes or do you write it all down at once after you finish the book?
I have never reviewed a book for someone else. I only review for myself to keep track of my thoughts and books. I rarely take notes unless there is something I don't think I will remember. Typically I finish a book and the same day type my review on my blog before starting another book.
4. What do you love most about blogging?
Finding other books to read! I love checking out other blogs and seeing what everyone is reading. My wishlist has seriously gotten out of control. Sometimes I worry how I will ever read all of the books I want to haha.
5. What is your favorite movie or tv series?
Hmm I only keep up with a few TV series- Sons of Anarchy and Glee. I also very much enjoy Big Bang Theory. Eventually I'd like to watch all those episodes from the beginning, I just have to find the time.
6. What mythical creature do you like most?
I am going to have to say ghosts- in real life and in books (although I don't know how many ghosts books I have really read, not many). I am very interested in the paranormal world and go on tours whenever I can of places known to have active spirits. Spooky but fun!
7. When a book is made into a movie, what do you do first: read the book or watch the movie? And why?
ALWAYS read the book first. If I happen to watch the movie first (this only happens if I don't know there is a book) then I won't read the book because the movie tends to ruin it for me. Books are always better!
8. What's the next book you're going to buy?
Hmm this is hard to say. I get the Nook Daily Find and Nook Lover emails each day that feature ebooks under $5 so if there is something good I will get it. I have a few books on my Nook I'd like to read but then I may go for Fifty Shades of Grey because I need to see for myself what the hype is about.
9. How many books are in your TBR pile?
My TBR pile has grown in the past year. I can honestly say I never had one before because I only bought books as I read them. Now there are probably about 40, which is not terrible. My bookshelf is at home and since I am never there I hardly read books from that pile- I tend to just use my Nook. I am starting to get a TBR pile on my Nook also. My Wishlist is the one that is out of control though.
10. Do you spend much time on social media?
The only social media I am a part of is Facebook and it is a personal account- nothing to do with my blog. The reason I keep it is so my family and friends can keep track of where I am. I've considered deleting it and starting a travel blog but have not made that leap yet.
11. What's the book everyone should read? And why?
I think everyone should read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I love this book! The imagery makes you feel like you are a part of this magical circus. I wish it existed in real life so I could go!
Questions from Sophie
1. When is your favorite time to read?
I love reading anytime and mostly read at night but reading during the day, all day, is the best.
2. Coke or Pepsi?
Diet Coke but regular Pepsi. Weird, I know.
3. When do you feel most creative?
When someone plants the tiny seed of and idea in my head and I make something come of it. Example- for work someone wanted to make a little girl a card to send to her room. I turned it into a whole page drawing.
4. Do you read only book blogs?
Mostly, but there are a couple food blogs I follow also.
5. How long do you think you will keep blogging?
Hmm. I've never thought about this. I imagine I will keep it going as long as I can. Even if I start to get burnt out I would probably just stop doing memes but keep posting reviews. My blog is like my book diary. I need it to keep track of my books haha.
6. Do you tell your friends about your blog?
Yes, most of them know about it but they do not all follow it.
7. Do you cry when you read books?
Very rarely. Like once or twice.
8. Why do you think humans cry when they are sad? Think about it, why does water flows from your eyes when you are unhappy?
This is a very good question that I do not have the answer to haha. It is strange to think about things like that.
9. What is the first novel you read? Do you remember?
I don't remember. This will drive me crazy thinking about it
10. Why do you think you like reading so much, enough to dedicate a blog to it?
Reading is an escape into a new world of adventures. I love that. The blog is to keep track of all of that haha.
11. Do you have a favorite character?
Tough question. Recently it has been Jacqueline from Easy by Tammara Webber. She was such a great role model character for girls who read that book. I loved her strength and courage.
Ok that was a lot of questions about me, now it is my turn to ask some
1. Where do you keep all of your unread books- together or scattered throughout your shelves?
2. Do your book selections vary by season?
3. What is your favorite food?
4. Do you read the inside flaps that describe a book before or while reading it?
5. Any quirky reading habits?
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? And why?
7. When did your love of reading begin?
8. What are the best and worst books you have read lately?
9. Do you have any hobbies outside of reading?
10. Which do you prefer- the beginning or end of a story?
11. What is your fondest book memory?
Blogs I'd Like to Tag
A Slice of Amz Life
It's A Hardcover Life
I Talk Books
YA Book Season
Library of a Book Witch
Reading With My Eyes Shut
The Fiction Diaries